COVID-19 Safety and Appointment Check In
Westport Plaza Dental Associates is currently following recommended CDC COVID-19 guidelines. Here are a few things that we have done in the office to protect the patient and our team.
- Everyone wears a mask! Patients are required to wear a mask into the building. If you do not have a mask one will be given to you. Team members at WPDA will wear level 3 masks or a n95. The patient will remove their mask during the appointment and will need to put the mask back on when leaving the operatory.
- Social distancing in the lobby. We are limiting the amount of people waiting in the lobby.
- Patients will need to call from the car before coming up.
- Patients are NOT allowed to bring friends or family in with them unless the patients is a minor or the patient needs assistance.
- We are still checking temperatures of all employees and patients.
- All patients will need to update their health history prior to their appointment. A link will be sent out to the patient ahead of time to fill this out through our secured portal. Health history updates can also be filled out through our website. A COVID-19 form will be filled out at each appointment, in person. WPDA reserves the right to decline treatment if any patient declines to fill out these forms. The forms will be done at every appointment regardless of time between appointments. The updates are for everyone's safety.
- Some team members will be wearing surgical caps, lab coats, face mask, protective eye wear and gloves.
- Each operatory has a HEPA filter system.
- At this time ultra sonic scaling and polishing is on a case by case basis to keep aerosols down in the office.
- Patient will be asked to reschedule if; they have been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 within 2 weeks, have symptoms of COVID-19 such as loss of taste or smell, fever, upset stomach, cough and congestion.
- If a patient has been diagnosed with COVID-19 we ask that a negative result from patient PCP be presented at their next visit.
We hope this helps all of our patients feel more comfortable at their visits. If you have any questions our team members are happy to answer any questions you may have about your next visit. We look forward to seeing you soon!