Around the time of our mid-twenties, our body begins producing less collagen each year at an average decrease one to two percent annually. PRP facial rejuvenation at our Kansas City, MO dental office triggers and restores collagen production at a more rapid rate than what your body can now do alone.
Through a process of extracting specific platelets from your blood, our team can increase collagen production using those growth factors and placing them back into your skin directly.
How We Use Micro-Needling
Skin is known to absorb products at a rate of between 26 seconds to 30 full minutes. To assist in the absorption process, we use a minimally invasive method called micro-needling. Micro-needling creates a series of tiny punctures on the top layer of your skin using a sterile needle roller to help penetrate through the second layer below.
At Westport Plaza Dental Associates, we use a brand of micro-needle rollers that allow us to customize the pressure to the comfort level of each patient. To avoid any possibility of cross-contamination, each patient has their own roller that we use in their series of treatments. In addition, we use a facial numbing cream to minimize any sensitivity.
Want a personal testimony about micro-needling? Ask any one of our staff members who has tried the treatment! We’re happy to show you our personal before and after pictures.
Benefits of Using Micro-Needling
- A decrease in fine lines
- Improved skin tone
- The disappearance of sun damage such as freckles and age spots
- Smooth out acne scarring
Time Investment Involved
- We recommend a series of four facials spaced out once per month for four months.
- The procedure will take up to 45 minutes
- Refrain from washing face at least four hours post-treatment, 24 hours is best if possible
Am I a Candidate for PRP Facial Rejuvenation?
Because PRP therapy uses cells from your own body, most people are excellent candidates for the procedure to treat:
- Crow’s feet
- Fine lines around the mouth
- Crepey skin in neck, chest, and eye areas
- Coarse skin texture
- Dull or gray skin tone
- Sun damage
- Acne scars
- Large pores
We DO NOT RECOMMEND the procedure for patients who have blood-related disorders, anemia or cancers of the blood or bone. Those taking blood thinners or non-steroidal anti-inflammatories (NSAIDs) should consult their primary physician.
Glossary of Facial Rejuvenation Terms
Our team always takes the time to explain procedures in detail and answer all your questions. But here are a few of the terms you may hear us use and what they refer to:
- Collagen: Widely used in a purified form for cosmetic surgical treatments, collagen is the main structural protein found in skin and other connective tissues.
- PRP: Platelet-Rich Plasma therapy
- Micro-Needling: Collagen induction therapy involves the use of a device that contains fine needles and is a minimally invasive skin rejuvenation procedure. These needles are used to puncture the skin at various depths to create a controlled skin injury.
- Vampire Facial: a term used to describe PRP Facial Rejuvenation, often used by the media and celebrities
Turn Back the Clock and Take Years off Your Appearance
Today is a great day to take the next step to a more vibrant, youthful appearance. Please call us to learn more about facial rejuvenation at our Kansas City, MO dental office by arranging a cosmetic consultation.